Toby V. Besson received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, magna cum laude, in 1987 from Nicholls State University. She began working with a public accounting firm in Houma, LA following graduation, reaching tax associate status prior to that firm’s merger with Malcolm M. Dienes, LLC (MMD) in late 2007. She currently serves as director of the Houma office of MMD, where she closely monitors the individual and business needs of our clients.
Toby is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Louisiana and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants. She earned a Certificate of Educational Achievement in Tax Planning and Advising for Closely-Held Businesses issued by the AICPA in 1993. She also earned a Certificate of Educational Achievement in Personal Financial Planning Process issued by the AICPA in 1996.
- 27+ years serving clients
- Assist clients in the profitable sales of their companies by providing strategic ideas and tax consultation.
- Extensive experience in tax planning and preparation for oilfield service entities.
- Extensive experience in tax planning and compliance for individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and not-for-profit entities.
- Extensive merger and acquisition experience.
- Assist clients with designing accounting procedures.
- Serves as IRS Representative
- Experience with a variety of industries, including marine towing services, marine construction/repairs, car dealerships, brokers, insurance agencies, staffing companies, medical practices, and individuals.
- Served on Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Houma-Terrebonne Arts and Humanities Council from 1995 to 2006.
- Member of the Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce