Katie received her Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of New Orleans in 2000. Katie has been working in the field of public accounting at MMD for more than 20 years, retaining a full time position with the firm after she earned her degree. Katie currently serves as a Partner in the Metairie office of MMD.
Katie is a member of the Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants and has served on the Jefferson Parish Film Incentive Review Panel from 2008 to 2010, including services as a guest speaker at the NOVAC Panel in 2009.
Some of Katie’s responsibilities at the firm include the following:
- Planning, performing, and managing cost report audits for motion picture companies in accordance with LA R.S. 47:6007.
- Income Tax planning, preparation, and compliance for individuals, partnerships, corporations and S-corporations.
- Preparation of tax returns and consultation regarding Estate, Trust and Gift tax matters.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, or annual financial statement compilations.
- Management of monthly cash flow and financial statements for clients, including calculation of payroll, bonuses, and payroll taxes.
- Participated in audits of both for profit and not-for profit clients as well as audits of employee benefit plans.