Click here for John’s curriculum vitae.
John received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Nicholls State University in 1983, and he received his Masters in Accounting from Tulane University in 2004. John began his career in public accounting upon graduating from Nicholls in 1983 as a staff accountant at MMD. He is now the managing partner of the firm and has over 30 years of experience in the field of public accounting.
John is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Forensic Accountant, and Certified in Financial Forensics. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the American College of Forensic Examiners.
John has obtained extensive experience in the subjects of Accounting and Taxation during his career at MMD. Examples of John’s Accounting and Tax expertise include the following:
- Tax planning and financial planning for individuals, corporations, and partnerships
- Estate Planning
- Tax Compliance
- IRS Representation
- Retirement Plans
- Financial Audits
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Valuations
- Exempt Organizations and Foundations
John also has extensive litigation support experience in various industries and litigation settings including providing testimony in more than 150 cases. He has been hired by various courts as a “special master” on accounting related matters. See the forensic accounting section of our website and John’s curriculum vitae for additional information regarding MMD’s litigation support services and experience.
John is also an active participant in his community, as he is currently serving or has served on the following boards:
- Louisiana Society of CPA’s:
- Insurance Legislation Task Force
- Federal Taxation Committee
- Accounting and Auditing Standards Committee
- Litigation Support Committee
- Governing Board of Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
- Archdiocese of New Orleans, Advisory School Board
- Office of Catholic Schools – Central Schools Consortium,
- Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member & Treasurer of the East Bank Little League
- Film & Video Production Committee – Appointed by Jefferson Parish President
- BKR International’s Forensic Accounting Committee, Chairman
- BKR International’s Business Valuation Committee
- Workforce Investment Board for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana