Shantel is a manager in the Houma office. Shantel obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, magna cum laude, from Louisiana State University in May 1996. After graduation, she started her career with Kelton & Company, P.C., a local accounting firm in Houma, LA and obtained her license as a CPA in January 1997. Kelton & Company, P.C. merged with Malcolm M. Dienes, LLC in November 2007 and Shantel continued her career in public accounting. She has 18 years of providing quality services to individuals and closely-held businesses.
- Experience in the audits of closely-held businesses in the marine towing, shipbuilding and chemical industries, as well as employee benefit plans and not-for-profit organizations
- Experience in tax compliance, planning and consulting for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Serves as client representative before the IRS
- Experience in other attest services for closely-held businesses in the construction, rental equipment, medical and oilfield industries
- Experience in accounting and consulting services for non-attest clients
Shantel is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Society of Louisiana CPAs.