Shantel is a manager in the Houma office. Shantel obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, magna cum laude, from Louisiana State University in May 1996. After graduation, she started her career with Kelton & Company, P.C., a local accounting firm in Houma, LA and obtained her license as a CPA in January 1997. Kelton & Company, P.C. merged with Malcolm M. Dienes, LLC in November 2007 and Shantel continued her career in public accounting. She has over 20 years of experience in providing quality services to individuals and closely-held businesses.
- Experience in the audits of closely-held businesses in the marine towing, shipbuilding and chemical industries, as well as employee benefit plans and not-for-profit organizations
- Experience in tax compliance, planning and consulting for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Serves as client representative before the IRS
- Experience in other attest services for closely-held businesses in the construction, rental equipment, medical and oilfield industries
- Experience in accounting and consulting services for non-attest clients
Shantel is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Society of Louisiana CPAs, as well as a member of the LCPA Financial Literacy Committee.
Shantel has also obtained the AICPA's Advanced Defined Contribution Plan Audit Certificate.